A wide range of extra-curricular activities are on offer to the pupils to help them develop as many skills as possible. Our pupils have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of competitions, visits and events.
Before and After School Club
The service operates in term time only at 7:45 – 9:00am & 3:15 – 5:30pm
- The service cares for children who attend Corpus Christi Nursery, Infant and Junior School Only.
- There is a registration fee of £5 per annum.
- Daily charges are £5.00 per morning, £6.00 per afternoon.
- Family rates available.
- Children are cared for in the Parish Hall, which is adjoining the school hall.
- Children do not leave the school building in the morning; they are taken to their classes.
- At the end of the p.m. session they are collected from class and do not leave the building to ensure complete safety.
OFSTED reports that the service:
“provides a good standard of care, is well organised and offers a wide range of activities that are interesting and stimulating.”
We have an active school council that gives pupils the opportunity to be part of and take responsibility for change and progress throughout school. Catch up on all the latest school council news here.
Orchestra and Choir
Music is an ever growing dimension to our curriculum.
Our children do not simply play for one year then stop. Our aim is to make sure the children continue to have a love for music through their lives. We also have large brass group tuition, a large Recorder group, a fantastic guitar group and a large choir filled with children from all year groups!
Our investment in music continues to grow. We realised that last year, our Orchestra was in need of more Bass and thus introduced the Viola to a group of our children. There are several musical showcase events on offer during the year, including the Easter showcase and this year has even included a performance with the Halle Orchestra! The Easter showcase finished with Y6 and their Liturgical dance of the Passion of Christ. This was a fantastic event which allowed the huge audience to gain an insight into one of the many curricular opportunities on offer at Corpus Christi.
We are very proud of the outstanding quality of the music produced. Well done to everyone involved so far and a big thank you to the Oldham Music service and the talented, creative staff in school.
Clubs and Enrichment News and Schedule